Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Resolutions? I have none.


such a cliche when we come to the end of a year, and we ask people , "what are your resolutions for next year?"
i read so many postings about resolutions for next year and accomplishment for this year.
so many wishes, targets, and goals there..

okay, here are few highlights of my accomplishment in this year, 2011:
- i am brave enough to fight for my passion, and now it becomes my settle job
- have a partner to accomplish my passion
- still keep on writing and editing ;)
- having new second "families" :D (yeah, i got few second families, the first-second, second-second, and so on).
- Learning to be financially independent
and maaannnyyy surprising blessings which i cannot mention it in details. the things that didn't even cross my mind, but HE provided.

now about my resolutions, for 2012:
1...................................................
2..................................................

I'm not leaving those in blank on purpose to make you questioning, but it's because i don't have any.
poor me? naah.. i don't feel so.
actually, as the year passes by.. I'm not a "resolution" person. I'm not a type that will write down all of my targets and goals for next year. My only resolution was when i was about to work on my mini-thesis. i promised to my self, that on the next term, i would have finished it and graduated.
You may say that I'm doing wrong, you may say that i have to learn to start writing down all the resolutions, that's your right. but i have right to ignore it ;)

I don't like to write it all in details, then start to questioning or anxiously thinking about it, whether it will be accomplished or not. I'm not a kind of competitive one, who likes to challenge him / herself to reach something according to the target. this thing clinically proven. I read my psycho-test on 2003. It stated that my "passion as achiever" showed middle range. i think it's applied until now.. i don't care about what kind of achievement awaits for me ahead. all i know just do and try my best, finish it, and the good (or even best) result shall follow.

it seems like i was born to be skinny, and I'm working hard to gain my weight. when the other girls are having diet to make their bodies in good shape, reversely i eat as much as i can. everytime it comes to weigh-in, i always say to myself "okay, no weight loss. if it's not gained, at least it shows a stable number". The same rule applies for other things in my life too. maybe after i work and try hard, it seems like no progress at all. Just keep on trying and think: if i can't make any progress by this time, at least I'm not going worse. keep on trying for better result.

so, all i do in the end of a year:
looking back at the things I've done, I've got, then think how to make it even better next year. No certain target i put for myself. I know my self very best. if i put a certain target, it will just make me frustrated or at least think of it over and over again. seems stressful right? hahaha.. for me, YES IT IS.

The important thing to do for me is: Forgive myself for every unaccomplished enhancement. Not to make any excuse, but i know to go even further i have to get myself together =)


The keyword: every improvement is valuable, event the smallest one.


Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments: